Translate This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to 2017! Let's Hope It's better Than 2016....

It is now officially 2017.  Happy New Year!

As I look back and reflect on 2016, I can say that it has been successful and good for me and my family.  However, that hasn't been the case for the USA or the world. 

An incredible number of celebrities and musicians passed away last year, some of them particularly tragic whether due to their young age or because they were so beloved.  We had the most divisive, contentious, and horrible presidential election that I can ever remember, and most people are unhappy with the final result (and would have been even if Clinton had won).  Many of my clients lost old, cherished pets over year, including ones I've been seeing for many years.  For many people 2016 was pretty tough, and anyone on Facebook has surely seen the complaints and memes going around.

But 2017 is a new year.  Even though January 1st really isn't that different from December 31st and the days go on as normal, psychologically we look at the date as a turning of the page and a new beginning.

Let's hope that 2017 is better than 2016 was!  And if you had a great year, I hope that the new one is even better!