Translate This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Truly Important Things In Life

Last month I blogged about some thoughts regarding how I wanted to be remembered at the end of my life.  At my current age and stage of my career, I am realizing that a pursuit of advancement as a vet isn't really that important to me.  It only matters as it relates to how I can support my family and our preferred lifestyle.  My life is really defined by my wife, children, friends, and how I relate to them.

One of my favorite comic strips of all time is Calvin & Hobbes.  Recently I came across this wonderful strip by the creator, Bill Watterson.  It resonated with me as it quite accurately sums up my recent feelings.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. (if you have a hard time reading it below, here is a link to the post where I found it)