Translate This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2016

Veterinary Medicine Jumps On The Star Wars Bandwagon

The fact that I'm a big Star Wars fan is not news to anyone who knows me.  It really has been a big part of my outlook since I was a kid.  Heck, one of my favorite sayings in human history is Yoda's "Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."  Star Wars is so ingrained into modern culture that I know everyone was getting tired of all of the marketing that tied into The Force Awakens.  

But it surprised me when one of the prominent veterinary trade publications actually used Star Wars to illustrate points in an article!

The author, Dr. Kathryn Primm, makes good use of several famous phrases from the Star Wars movies, amusingly illustrated by action figures.  She includes the above Yoda quote, as well as sayings from Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Vader, and Lando Calrissian.  While the article isn't detailed and won't make a huge difference to most people, I think it's fun to see the geeks in our profession recognized.  I can understand these illustrations better than I could if the writer had talked about football or fishing!