Translate This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Here in the US today is Thanksgiving.  This is an annual holiday inspired by some of the first English settlers on this continent, and is a pretty big deal.  We overeat, many people watch football games (the American football), and we get together with family.  It's supposed to be a time where we focus on the things for which we are thankful.  So I thought I'd share my list to the world.

I'm thankful for a wonderful wife that loves me unconditionally, supports me in all that I do, puts up with my interests that she may not share, and is my best friend.  She is beautiful, sexy, silly, and an amazing woman.

I'm thankful for my kids, who are quirky, odd, and wonderful.  Even when I get aggravated at them I am still blessed because they are better than I could have hoped for.

I'm thankful for a wonderful childhood and great parents, who raised me in wonderful ways.  We had great adventures and lots of fun, and my parents taught me how to be polite and the difference between right and wrong.  They taught me to be independent and an intelligent thinker, and I'm glad to have had them.

I'm thankful for a job that allows me to touch and help people, and gives me a good salary that allows me to support my family on a single income.  We don't have a fancy house or luxury cars, and don't even have flatscreen TVs or blu-ray players, but we get to take fun family vacations and have all of our needs met.  My job is often stressful, but it's a good one and I'm blessed to be successful in it.

I'm thankful for my God and for Jesus.  I would not be the man I am today without my faith, and I survive and thrive each day because of Christ being a living part of my life.

I'm thankful for the freedoms I enjoy in my country.  Though there are a lot of flaws with the US, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I'm thankful for the men and women in the military, public safety, and emergency services.  I can have freedom and safety because of their service.

I'm thankful for geekdom!  Comics, sci-fi, and fantasy are such a large part of my life and my imagination, and I couldn't imagine not having them.  I'm thankful that I'm a comic book fan with all of the new movies and TV shows we've had lately!  And I'm thankful for the new Star Wars movie coming out in just a few weeks!

Even if you're not in the US, take some time to stop and think about what you are thankful for!